Hi Stampin’ Peeps!
Today I’m sharing the third project I made with these stars—for those who don’t know, they are fussy cut (except for the smallest one) from the DASHING ALONG DSP! This Designer Series Paper is FREE with an order from my Online Store totaling $250+ (before shipping/tax), and you only have until September 30 to earn it!
(Note: You don’t have to do anything! Once your order reaches $250+, the DSP will be automatically added to your cart!)
I’ve shared two other cute projects using this DSP—using mostly my fussy cut stars–and you can see them here and here! Note: For the small stars, I used the TAKEOUT TREATS Thinlits Dies instead of fussy cutting!
The best thing about this project, is the Gable Box is already made, so we just have to decorate it! Before we get started, this is what we need for Cardstock and DSP:
–Fussy cut stars from the DASHING ALONG DSP. We need one large, one medium, and one small star. Once cut, brush each star with the WINK OF STELLA Glitter Brush for extra bling!
–Two pieces of DSP to wrap around the box: One piece measuring 12in x 2in, and one piece measuring 12in x 1in. *For the “newspaper look” piece, make sure you cut in the right direction so the words lay horizontal across the box.
–One piece of Garden Green Cardstock, measuring 4-1/8in x 1-1/8in.
–One piece of Whisper White Cardstock, measuring 4in x 1in.
Here’s how to make the box:
1. Fold the Gable Box on all the score lines, but don’t put the box together yet.
2. While flat, wrap the 12in x 2in piece of DSP around the box, starting on the front of the box under where the stars will go. (See pic for reference.) Once done, there will be an approximate 1/16in gap between the ends of the DSP, but this will be covered later! *Use TEAR & TAPE to adhere the DSP to the box, and make sure to bend each corner before wrapping the paper around it. End with the box flat, and the front facing you.
3. Use TEAR & TAPE to adhere the 12in x 1in piece of DSP over the first piece. (See pic for placement.)
4. Stamp the sentiment in Cherry Cobbler on the piece of Whisper White measuring 4in x 1in. *Be sure to line the sentiment up with the right side of the cardstock, and leave a larger space on the left. I wanted my sentiment dark, so I used my STAMPARATUS to not only line up the sentiment exactly where I wanted it, but to stamp the sentiment twice in the exact same spot for a nice, dark image.
5. Use SNAIL to adhere the sentiment to the piece of Garden Green measuring 4-1/8in x 1-1/8in, and then use the DETAILED TRIO PUNCH to punch a small oval (ribbon hole) in the left end of the sentiment.
6. Attach the stars to the box. Use SNAIL to attach the large star to the box—over the small opening between the ends of the DSP—and then use STAMPIN’ DIMENTIONALS to adhere the medium and small star over the large one. (See pic for placement.) NOTE: The small star will hang off the bottom of the box slightly.
7. Fold and assemble the Gable Box, and then use PAPER SNIPS to trim the small star.
8. Cut a piece of SILVER MINI SEQUIN TRIM measuring approximately 6in long, and then cut a piece of SILVER METALLIC RIBBON measuring 7-8in long. Loop the SILVER METALLIC Ribbon through the ribbon hole on the sentiment, and tie a knot around the sentiment and the SILVER MINI SEQUIN TRIM.
9. Use MINI GLUE DOTS to adhere the sentiment to the box. (Place the glue dots on the back of the ribbon knot, and adhere to the handle of the box.) *Note: Because the sentiment is attached with MINI GLUE DOTS, you can still open and fill the box!
And, you’re done! 🙂
Happy Stampin’! 🙂