Hi Stampin’ Peeps!
This Christmas card is a fave of mine, and it happened completely by accident! About a month ago, I got a new craft table that you can adjust the legs on. I wanted to be able to stand and stamp sometimes, so before my husband and I moved it into its permanent place (it’s VERY heavy), I grabbed a stamp and some ink to check the height.
The “Christmas Cheer” stamp was readily available because I was using it on another project, and the haphazard stamping was because it didn’t really matter—it was just a scrap piece of paper and a test! Except…I really liked the result! In fact, I liked it so much that I repeated it several times, and made several cards!
This card is cute and festive, and they are so easy to make, you can stamp up a bunch in minutes!
Here is the Cardstock/Paper needed to make one card:
–Two pieces of Real Red Cardstock: One measuring 8-1/2in x 5-1/2in, and scored at 4-1/4in (this is the card base), and one measuring 2-1/2in x 2-1/2in.
–Two pieces of Shaded Spruce Cardstock: One measuring 4in x 5-1/4in, and one measuring 2-1/4in x 2-1/4in.
–Two pieces of Whisper White Cardstock: One measuring 3-3/4in x 5in, and one measuring 2in x 2in.
1. Using Real Red, stamp the sentiment on the piece of Whisper White, measuring 2in x 2in.
2. Still using Real Red, stamp the sentiment on the piece of Whisper White, measuring 3-3/4in x 5in. NOTE: While the small sentiment was stamped at full strength, this piece will be stamped in different shades of red. HERE’S HOW: Ink up the stamp, and then stamp off once on a scrap piece of paper. Next, without inking again, stamp the image three times on the cardstock. Start in the upper left corner, and stamp randomly with the sentiment in a diagonal direction. (See the pic for details!) Keep inking, stamping off once, and then stamping on the cardstock three times, until the cardstock is full. Make sure to keep the pattern random—so that all of the same shade aren’t next to each other—and don’t forget the edges. The entire piece of Whisper White should be covered, and many images will overlap each other.
3. Using the 1-1/2in CIRCLE PUNCH, punch out the sentiment that was stamped on the piece of Whisper White, measuring 2in x 2in. Next, punch out a 2in Circle from the piece of Real Red, measuring 2-1/2in x 2-1/2in; and then punch out a 1-3/4in Circle from the piece of Shaded Spruce, measuring 2-1/4in x 2-1/4in.
4. Using SNAIL, adhere the circles together. First attach the Whisper White circle to the Shaded Spruce circle, and then attach the Shaded Spruce circle to the Real Red circle. Set aside.
5. Using SNAIL again, attach the large sentiment—the piece of Whisper White, measuring 3-3/4in x 5in—to the piece of Shaded Spruce, measuring 4in x 5-1/4in. Next, use STAMPIN’ DIMENSIONALS to attach this piece to the folded card base.
6. Slide a piece of REAL RED MIXED SATIN RIBBON between the mat and the card base, and tie a bow on the left side of the card. (See pic!) Use DIMENSIONALS again to adhere the round sentiment over the ribbon. (Make sure to adhere the DIMENSIONALS to the top and bottom of the circle so they don’t sit on the ribbon!)
And that’s it! 🙂
See, I told you—totally easy peasy, and super cute!
Happy Stampin’! 🙂