Hi Stampin’ Peeps!
I love boxes, and these BAKER’S BOXES are super cute! They are brand-new in the Holiday Catalog (page 49), and you can decorate them in a bunch of ways!
For this project, I used my SPONGE BRAYER to make a cute and cheerful Birthday Box! (I used the decorated Pillow Box on page 79 of the Annual Catalog as inspiration!) The packaging on this gift will definitely make the recipient smile, and combined with whatever you put inside, it will make their special day even more sweet!
Note: These boxes are white, food-safe, and they come in a pack of eight! Folded, they measure 4-1/4in x 4-1/4in x 2-1/8in!
Here’s the Cardstock/Paper needed to make each box:
(You’ll also need one BAKER’S BOX!)
–One piece of Whisper White, measuring approximately 4in x 3in.
–One piece of Daffodil Delight, measuring approximately 3-1/2in x 2-1/4in.
–One piece of Granny Apple Green, measuring approximately 2in x 1-1/4in.
1. Using the SPONGE BRAYER and Daffodil Delight, color the outside of the box. Ink up the BRAYER on the Ink Pad, and then roll it over the box, making sure not to color the acetate window on the box. (Note: Put a scratch piece of paper over the acetate to keep it ink free!) Don’t be afraid to press the BRAYER into the ink pad—you really want the color to show! Repeat this step until the box is the desired color, then set it aside to dry.
2. Using Granny Apple Green, stamp the sentiment on the Whisper White Cardstock—Keep the sentiment near the edge, but leave enough space to center the words in a 1-1/2in Circle. Next, stamp the flowers and leaves: Stamp one large rose in Coastal Cabana, stamp one small rose in Poppy Parade, and stamp two small flowers in Mango Melody. Finally, stamp four leaves in Granny Apple Green. (Note: These are all stamped on the piece of Whisper White!)
3. Using the BIG SHOT and the coordinating SWEET CAKES FRAMELITS DIES, cut out the flowers and leaves. Next, cut out one rose outline in Daffodil Delight, and one sprig from the piece of Granny Apple Green.
4. Still using the BIG SHOT and the STITCHED SHAPES FRAMELITS DIES, cut out one circle in Daffodil Delight. (This is the mat for the sentiment, and it measures 1-7/8in in diameter.)
5. Using the 1-1/2in CIRCLE PUNCH, punch out the sentiment, and then adhere it to the die-cut Daffodil Delight Stitched Circle using SNAIL.
6. Using MINI GLUE DOTS, build the corner flower arrangements. First, adhere two leaves to the back of one of the small roses stamped in Mango Melody. Next, follow the pic to arrange the rest of the cut pieces.
7. Using STAMPIN’ DIMENSIONALS, adhere the flower arrangements to the box. (See pic for placement!)
8. NOTE: Fill your box with goodies before completing the final two steps!
9. Cut a piece of GRANNY APPLE GREEN 1/2IN TEXTURED WEAVE RIBBON that will wrap around the box. (Note: Don’t cut extra—this piece only needs to go around the box with no overlap.) Next, using MINI GLUE DOTS, adhere one end of the ribbon to the acetate, wrap the ribbon around the box, and adhere the other end of the ribbon next to the first. (See pic!)
10. Using STAMPIN’ DIMENSIONALS, adhere the sentiment over the ribbon. (Note: Make sure to place the DIMENSIONALS on the sides of the sentiment so they don’t rest on the ribbon.)
And, that’s it!
Happy Stampin’! 🙂