Hi Stampin’ Peeps!
This card didn’t start as a card, but once I saw the completed flowers, I had to keep going!
Craft Fair Season has started, and in addition to sharing the STAMPARATUS and the benefits at my table, I made up some examples showing Two—or in this case, Three—Step Stamping, and the Hinge Technique. (I’ll show you that card on Thursday!)
Originally, I started stamping with the intent of just making a sample! Using the ABSTRACT IMPRESSIONS Stamp Set, I loaded the three stamps for the flower onto my plates, and started stamping randomly in four corners of a random piece of Whisper White Cardstock. As soon as I saw the result, I knew I had to stamp more, so I cut the piece down to 3-3/4in x 5in, and started stamping on another piece of cardstock with the intent of punching out those images and adding them to the card! You can see the added circles in the pic below, and I think they add a little bit of depth to the card.
Here’s the Cardstock/Paper needed to make one card:
–One piece of Soft Sea Foam, measuring 8-1/2in x 5-1/2in (this is the card base).
–Two pieces of Coastal Cabana: One measuring 4in x 5-1/4in, and one measuring 3-1/4in x 1in.
–Three pieces of Whisper White: Two measuring 3-3/4in x 5in, and one measuring 3in x 3/4in.
1. Arrange the three stamps needed to make the flower on the STAMPARATUS Plates. Note: Line them up so that they will stamp near the corner of the cardstock, but not exactly in the corner. This card is more artistic and random than exact. 😉
2. Stamp four complete images on both pieces of Whisper White Cardstock, measuring 3-3/4in x 5in. Start with the largest part of the flower, and Soft Sea Foam. Next, stamp the middle part of the flower in Coastal Cabana, and finally, stamp the last part of the flower—the accents—in Shaded Spruce.
3. Set one piece of stamped cardstock aside—we will use it soon—and use the 1-1/2in CIRCLE PUNCH to punch out the four flowers from the other piece of cardstock. You will end up with one piece of cardstock stamped with four flower images, and four 1-1/2in circle shaped flower images.
4. Using SNAIL, attach the four circle shapes to the stamped piece of cardstock. Note: Arrange them where you want them around the permanent flowers, and trim any overhang with PAPER SNIPS. (See pic for reference!)
5. Using Shaded Spruce, stamp the sentiment on the piece of Whisper White, measuring 3in x 3/4in. NOTE: Stamp closer to the left side of the cardstock, to leave room to tie the thread on the right. (See pic!) Next, use SNAIL to adhere the sentiment to the piece of Coastal Cabana, measuring 3-1/4in x 1in—this is the sentiment mat.
6. Cut a piece of LINEN THREAD long enough to wrap it around the matted sentiment approximately four times, and then tie a bow.
7. Fold the card base on the score line. Using SNAIL, attach the stamped piece of Whisper White to the piece of Coastal Cabana, measuring 4in x 5-1/4in. Next, use SNAIL again to attach the mat to the card base.
8. Using STAMPIN’ DIMENSIONALS, adhere the sentiment to the card. (See pic for placement!)
And, that’s it!
Happy Stampin’! 🙂