Hi Stampin’ Peeps!
Happy Halloween!!…Just kidding! We still have 29 days left before the big day, and that is just enough time to make up a few of these adorable Halloween cards! PLUS, I used the WHISPER WHITE NOTE CARDS (& ENVELOPES) as the card base, they are on sale until October 7!! (Click here to learn more about WORLD CARD MAKING DAY and Stampin’ Up!’s SALE on Card Making Essentials!)
Okay, so here is the Cardstock/Paper needed to make this card:
–One Precut/Scored WHISPER WHITE NOTE CARD (&ENVELOPE).
–One piece of SHIMMERY WHITE Cardstock, measuring 3-1/4in x 4-3/4in.
–One piece of Whisper White Cardstock, measuring 3-1/2in x 2-1/2in.
–One piece of BLACK FOIL, measuring 2-1/2in x 5in.
And, here is how to make the card:
1. Fill the AQUA PAINTER with water, grab all three ink pads, and the CLEAR BLOCK A. (Note: There are several ways to gather ink for watercoloring. You can squeeze the closed ink pad, so ink ends up in the cover; you can put a few drops of ink (from the reinker bottle) in the cover of the ink pad (or on a clear block); or you can “stamp” the clear block into the stamp pad like the pic above. I’m sure there are other ways, too, and they all work, so choose the one you like and go with it!)
2. Let’s watercolor! Watercolor on the piece of SHIMMERY WHITE Cardstock, measuring 3-1/4in x 4-3/4in. Start at the bottom of the cardstock, and color 1/3 in Gorgeous Grape, 1/3 in Granny Apple Green, and 1/3 in Pumpkin Pie. Set aside to dry. (This only takes a couple of minutes.)
3. Using Tuxedo Black Momento Ink, stamp the witch on the piece of Whisper White Cardstock, measuring 3-1/2in x 2-1/2in.
4. Using the BIG SHOT and the CAULDRON Framelits Dies, cut out the witch with the corresponding die. Next, cut two cobwebs out of the piece of BLACK FOIL, measuring 2-1/2in x 5in.
5. Using the Daffodil Delight Dark Stampin’ Blends Marker, add some color to the witch–Color the hat band, her hair, the moon and stars on her apron, and her tights!
6. Use the STAMPARATUS to stamp the sentiment on the watercolored piece of SHIMMERY WHITE. (See pic for placement!) I wanted the sentiment dark, so I used the STAMPARATUS and inked/stamped the sentiment three times. The dark “inky” black looks great against the Gorgeous Grape!!
7. Using SNAIL, adhere the piece of SHIMMERY WHITE to the card base. Next, use MINI GLUE DOTS to adhere the cobwebs to the card, and finally, use STAMPIN’ DIMENSIONALS to adhere the witch over the cobwebs! (Note: The cobwebs are meant to add a little dimension to the card. After the card is complete, gently lift up the corners of the webs!)
And, you’re done!
Happy Stampin’! 🙂