Hi Stampin’ Peeps!
Sometimes you don’t need a whole card, but you have more to say than what will fit on a tag! That’s where 3X3 cards come in! They are perfect for more than a simple To/From, but small enough that it’s not necessary to write more than a few words! These cards are great for gift giving because you can add a few words, but keep things relatively short and sweet!
Today I’ve used the CHRISTMAS TRADITIONS Punch Box and the FROSTED FLORAL SPECIALTY Designer Series Paper to make holiday cards! The CHRISTMAS TRADITIONS Punch Box contains the CHRISTMAS TRADITIONS Stamp Set, the CHRSITMAS TRADITIONS Punch, two Stampin’ Spots in Real Red and Call Me Clover, and a clear stamping block!
The FROSTED FLORAL SPECIALTY DSP is printed on Shimmery White Paper, and all the designs are simply beautiful. The design I used on this card is one of my faves from the pack, but they are all beautiful, and you can see all of the designs on page 37 of the Holiday Catalog!
Here is the list of Cardstock and DSP you need to make both cards:
–Two pieces of Gray Granite Cardstock, measuring 6in x 3in, and scored at 3in.
–Two pieces of Shaded Spruce Cardstock, measuring 2-3/4in x 2-3/4in.
–Two pieces of DSP, measuring 2-1/2in x 2-1/2in.
–A scrap of Shaded Spruce Cardstock, approximately 4in x 2in. (This is to punch out two circles, measuring 1-3/4in.)
–A scrap of Whisper White Cardstock, approximately 4in x 2in. (This is to punch out both sentiments using the CHRISTMAS TRADITIONS Punch.)
Here is how to make the cards:
1. Using the STAMPIN’ TRIMMER, cut and score all of the Cardstock and DSP. Fold the pieces of Gray Granite on the score lines and set aside—these are the card bases. Using the 1-3/4” CIRCLE PUNCH, punch out two circles in the scrap of Shaded Spruce.
2. Stamp two sentiments in Shaded Spruce on the Whisper White Cardstock. Next, use the CHRISTMAS TRADITIONS Punch to punch out both sentiments.
3. Using SNAIL, adhere both pieces of DSP to the two pieces of Shaded Spruce measuring 2-3/4in x 2-3/4in. Next, adhere the matted DSP to the folded pieces of Gray Granite.
4. Use SNAIL to adhere the sentiments to the punched-out circles of Shaded Spruce, and then adhere the sentiments to the cards using STAMPIN’ DIMENTIONALS. (Check pic for placement!)
5. Don’t forget the envelopes! We sell WHISPER WHITE 3X3 ENVELOPES–along with all of the supplies to make these cards–in my Online Stampin’ Up! Store!
And…that’s it! You can make a ton of these beautiful note cards quickly, and keep them handy for all of your holiday gift-giving needs!
Happy Stampin’! 🙂