Hi Stampin’ Peeps!
You knew I had to do it! I’ve been literally DYING for a purple sunflower, and we FINALLY have the colors to do it! The Color Revamp that came with the release of the 2018-2019 Annual Catalog was a much needed change, but the addition of Highland Heather and Gorgeous Grape were the big wins for me!! (Honestly, I’m also in love with all of the Brights, Blackberry Bliss, Shaded Spruce…and so many more! LOL!)
Anyway, I’ve been wanting to make this card for awhile, and I LOVE the way it turned out! For the sunflower, I used the PAINTED HARVEST Stamp Set, and for the sentiment, I used ABSTRACT EXPRESSIONS! The leaves were stamped with a stamp from PAINTED HARVEST, and then punched with the LEAF PUNCH! Oh, and don’t forget the background…I used the BASKET WEAVE Dynamic Impressions Embossing Folder for the background!
The result is beautiful, but it’s also versatile! If for some reason you don’t like purple (gasp!) you can switch up the colors to something you do like! 🙂
NOTE: Stamping this sunflower involves three steps: the lighter petals, the darker petals, and the center of the flower. I have always had trouble with two-step stamping (stamping one image on top of the other)–until I got my STAMPARATUS! If you haven’t tried this tool yet, you are really missing out! It has two, double-sided plates, and I used three sides to line up all of my stamps, and then I stamped my image easily–and in one try! The STAMPARATUS is simply amazing, and once you try it, you’ll wonder how you ever stamped without it! 😉
Okay, so we need to make this thing!
Here are the deets on the Cardstock! You need:
–One piece of Highland Heather, measuring 11in x 4-1/4in, and scored at 5-1/2in.
–One piece of Soft Suede, measuring 5-1/4in x 4in.
–A scrap of Whisper White large enough to stamp your sunflower, and cut it out using the 3rd largest circle from the Stitched Shapes Framelits Dies, and with additional room to stamp two sets of leaves. (Approximately 5in x 3in.)
–A piece of Whisper White, measuring 2-1/4in x 3/4in (this is for your sentiment.)
–A scrap piece of Granny Apple Green to stamp two sets of leaves.
–A piece of Granny Apple Green, measuring 3in x 1/2in.
–A piece of Gorgeous Grape, measuring 3in x 3in.
Here is how to make your card:
1. After gathering all of the Cardstock needed, it’s time to stamp! Stamp all three steps of the sunflower onto the scrap piece of Whisper White. Remember: The sunflower is a three-step stamp, so first stamp the larger, lighter layer of the sunflower with Highland Heather, and then stamp the darker, smaller layer of the sunflower with Gorgeous Grape. Use Soft Suede for the middle of the flower.
2. After stamping the sunflower, use Gorgeous Grape to stamp the sentiment on the piece of Whisper White, measuring 2-1/4in x 3/4in. Finally, stamp the leaves in Granny Apple Green: Stamp two sets of leaves on the scrap of Whisper White, and stamp two sets on the scrap of Granny Apple Green!
3. Use the LEAF PUNCH to punch out all four sets of stamped leaves. Next, put the piece of Soft Suede into the Embossing Folder, and run it through the big shot. NOTE: Line up the piece of Cardstock with one row of the “basket weave” so the embossing will be straight.
4. Use your BIG SHOT, and the STITCHED SHAPES FRAMELITS Dies to cut out the sunflower. (I used the 3rd largest circle for this step.) Next, use the LAYERING CIRCLES FRAMELITS Dies to cut out a mat for the sunflower.
5. Now it’s time to put our card together! First, use DIMENSIONALS to adhere the embossed piece of Soft Suede to the card base. Next, use SNAIL to adhere the sunflower circle to the Gorgeous Grape circle, and then use SNAIL again to adhere the sentiment to the piece of Granny Apple Green, measuring 3in x 1/2in.
6. Use MINI GLUE DOTS to adhere the leaves to the back of the layered sunflower piece, and then use DIMENSIONALS to adhere the sunflower to the Soft Suede mat (the embossed piece on the card.) You will also use DIMENSIONALS to adhere the sentiment to the card! (NOTE: See pic for placement of the sunflower and sentiment!)
And…that’s it!! Isn’t it beautiful? (!!) All of the supplies are listed below, including the STAMPARATUS–but I’ve also included the CLEAR BLOCKS just in case you’re not sold on the STAMPARATUS…YET! 😉
Happy Stampin’! 🙂