Hi Stampin’ Peeps!
I’m super happy with the way this card turned out! Cherry Cobbler is one of my favorite Stampin’ Up! colors for Christmas, and the DASHING ALONG DSP is printed with Cherry Cobbler, Garden Green, and Whisper White! You can’t look at this paper and not get into the Christmas spirit!
Yesterday, you may have seen the above pic I posted! I shared how I’ve been fussy cutting out the stars from that fab piece of DSP! (NOTE: I also shared how the small star from the TAKEOUT TREATS FRAMELITS will cut out the small star perfectly!) Anyway, what I didn’t share was that I also applied glitter to my cutouts using my WINK OF STELLA GLITTER BRUSH PEN! You can see a little glitter in the card pic, but it’s so much more sparkly in person! (PS: More projects with these stars are coming soon!) 😉
Here’s the deets on the Cardstock and DSP needed to make this card!
–One piece of Cherry Cobbler Cardstock, measuring 8-1/2in x 5-1/2in, and scored at 4-1/2in. (This is your card base.)
–One piece of DASHING ALONG DSP, measuring 5-1/4in x 4in.
–Stars! You’ll need one large star, and two small stars for the front of your card; and then you’ll need another small star for the inside of your card.
–One piece of Silver Foil, measuring 2-1/2in x 1-3/4in.
–One piece of Cherry Cobbler, measuring 2-1/4in x 1-1/2in.
–One piece of Whisper White, measuring 2in x 1-1/4in (this is for your sentiment.)
–One piece of Whisper White, measuring 5in x 3-3/4in (this is also for the inside of your card.)
Because Cherry Cobbler is so dark, we need a mat on the inside of our card. I also added one of the stars for a cute accent! Check out the inside of the card:
Here’s how to make your card:
1. Cut out all of the pieces of Cardstock and DSP needed for your card. Next, lightly brush all of the stars with the WINK OF STELLA GLITTER BRUSH, and set them aside. (They only need a couple of minutes to dry.)
2. Fold your card base on the score line, and use SNAIL to apply the large piece of DSP to the base.
3. Stamp your sentiment on the small piece of Whisper White Cardstock using Cherry Cobbler Ink, and then layer your sentiment, with the small piece of Cherry Cobbler and the piece of Silver Foil.
4. Apply the sentiment to your card using SNAIL. (Check the pic above for placement.)
5. Take the roll of MINI SEQUIN TRIM, and gently lay the trim on your card. I started in the lower right corner, made a loop, and ended in the upper left corner. (See sample!) (NOTE: Leave the trim connected to the roll until you decide on your design, and how you want it to lay on your card. Following my card, you’ll use 8-9in of trim.) Once you’re happy with the placement of your trim, cut the trim from the roll, and secure it to your card using MINI GLUE DOTS–secure the beginning and end under each small star, and then secure both sides of the loop under the large star. That’s all you need!
6. Once your trim is in place, use DIMENSIONALS to adhere the stars to the card, and then use your PAPER PIERCING TOOL to adhere three RHINESTONE BASIC GEMS! (See sample for placement of the stars and the gems!)
7. Using SNAIL, adhere the larger piece of Whisper White to the inside of your card, and then use SNAIL again to adhere a small star to the lower right corner of the mat.
And…you’re done! Isn’t this card simply gorgeous?!!
I’m in love with the DASHING ALONG DSP, and it’s not available in either catalog! The only way to get it is with an order totaling $250+ (before tax/shipping), and this promotion is only good until September 30!
All of the supplies to make this card are listed below, except for the DASHING ALONG DSP! Because you need a qualifying amount to earn the paper, it will be added to your Stampin’ Up! shopping cart once your total (before tax/shipping) equals $250+!
(Start shopping online here!)
If you have any questions, please email me: Heartinkstudio@gmail.com
Happy Stampin’! 🙂