Hi Stampin’ Peeps!
If you read Tuesday’s blog, then you already know I had this tag leftover, and needed to do something cute with it! OMG…Mission accomplished!! This candy cane bag is super adorable, and using the GIFT BAG PUNCH BOARD, it’s really easy to make!!
Here’s the deets on the Cardstock! You need:
–For the bag: One piece of Whisper White Cardstock, measuring 10in x 6-1/2in.
–For the tag: One piece of Real Red Cardstock, measuring 3in x 2in; and two Whisper White scraps to cut out the sentiment and the candy cane.
NOTE: Learn how to make the tag here!
Okay, and here’s how to make your bag:
1. Use your GIFT BAG PUNCH BOARD to score the “bottom” of your box. The bottom is one of the long (10in) sides. Don’t worry about scoring the other lines for now–we want to stamp first, then score!
2. Using either your Real Red Stampin’ Pad, or Stampin’ Spot, stamp the candy canes on the Whisper White Cardstock. Use the “bottom” score line as a guide, and stamp four rows of candy canes! (See pic below!)
3. Use the GIFT BAG PUNCH BOARD to score and punch your box. Follow the directions for making a “small” bag, and don’t forget to punch the holes in the top of your bag! (If you have no idea what I’m talking about, the GIFT BOARD PUNCH BOARD makes three different widths of bags, and a wide range of heights! If you like making cute gift bags, you’ll love this tool!)
4. Fold over all of your score lines, and if desired, use a BONE FOLDER to make the folds crisp. Next, use TEAR & TAPE to assemble your box!
5. Fill your box with goodies, and then lace the REAL RED 3/8IN COTTON RIBBON through the holes. Next, tie the ribbon in a bow. (TIP: To help hold the box closed while you tie the ribbon, use GOLD BINDER CLIPS to hold the box closed!)
6. If you haven’t already made your tag, click here to learn how to make it! If you’ve already made your tag, string Whisper White Solid BAKER’S TWINE through the hole of the tag, and then tie the tag to the gift box by looping the twine around the ribbon behind the bow. (TIP: Before tying a knot in the BAKER’S TWINE, make sure your tag lands where you want it on the front of the bag. See the completed project for reference.)
7. Use a glue dot to adhere the tag to the bag–this helps keep your tag in place!
As usual, all of the supplies needed are listed below! You can download/print the supply list by clicking “Supply List” in the lower left corner of the list!
Happy Stampin’! 🙂