Hi Stampin’ Peeps!
These adorable gift tags are super cute, and sooooo easy to make! I’m totally in love with the CHRISTMAS TRADITIONS PUNCH BOX, and I used the stamp set and punch from the box on three of these tags! The candy cane was punched from the CANDY CANE BUILDER Punch, and the “Some Christmas Cheer for You” sentiment was stamped with the TAKEOUT TREATS Stamp Set!
These tags are really easy to put together, and here the deets on the cardstock! You need:
–Four pieces of Real Red Cardstock, measuring 3in x 2in.
–1/4 (5-1/2in x 4in) sheet of Whisper White Cardstock, or enough scraps to stamp the four sentiments.
–A piece of DSP measuring 5in x 4in, or enough scraps to cut out the following four shapes: 1-3/4in circles (2), candy cane (1), rectangle, measuring 2-1/2in x 3/4in (1).
Here is how to make your tags:
1. Gather your four pieces of Real Red Cardstock, and trim the top two corners. [The 2in measurement is the horizontal (width) measurement, and the 3in measurement is the vertical (length).] Using a ruler, draw a very light pencil line from the 1/2in mark on the top of the tag, to the 1/2in mark on the side of the tag. (See pic below!)
Next, trim off the corners!
2. Using the Real Red Stampin’ Spot from the Punch Box, stamp your images on the Whisper White Cardstock.
3. Using the CHRISTMAS TRADITIONS Punch, and the 1-1/2in Circle Punch, punch out your sentiments.
4. Using your 1-3/4in Circle Punch, and the CANDY CANE BUILDER Punch, punch out your background pieces. For the rectangle, use your trimmer to cut a rectangle measuring 2-1/2in x 3/4in.
5. Use SNAIL to adhere the sentiments to the punched circles and rectangle, and then use STAMPIN’ DIMENSIONALS to adhere the sentiments to the tags.
*For the candy cane tag: The candy cane needs to be a bit longer to fit behind the sentiment nicely. To make a longer candy cane, cut the cane in half in the middle, and then use MINI GLUE DOTS to adhere both pieces of the cane to the sentiment. (See pic below!)
Once your cane is adhered to your sentiment, use STAMPIN’ DIMENSIONALS to adhere the sentiment to your tag.
6. Using your 1/8in HANDHELD CIRCLE Punch, punch a hole in each tag about 1/2in from the top, then string REAL RED 3/8in COTTON RIBBON through each hole and tie a knot.
I told you they were quick & easy, but they are also bright, fun, and beautiful, and they will make excellent additions to all of your holiday gifts!
NOTE: When I made this set, I actually made the tag with the candy cane first, and I used a coordinating stamp from the CANDY CANE SEASON Stamp Set instead of just punching the candy cane out of DSP. Once I finished the other three tags, I realized I needed my candy cane tag to coordinate better, so I added the DSP, but I loved the first tag so much, I had to make a project with it! On Thursday, I’ll show you what I came up with, but here’s a pic of the two tags together:
As you can see, the DSP candy cane goes MUCH better with the other three tags in this set, but the stamped candy cane is sooooo cute, too–I HAD to use it on something!! 🙂
I’ve listed all of the supplies below, except for the following:
TAKE OUT TREATS Stamp Set (#147861, Wood-Mount; or #147858, Clear-Mount)
CANDY CANE SEASON Stamp Set (#147692, Photopolymer)
Those two items, along with the CHRISTMAS TRADITIONS PUNCH BOX, aren’t available until tomorrow when the Holiday Catalog goes live! When that happens, you’ll be able to view a PDF of the catalog on my website, here, but if you’d like a paper copy, then check my catalog page for details, here!
Happy Stampin’! 🙂