Hi Stampin’ Peeps!
Remember all of those extra bats from Tuesday? Well, as promised, I’m here to show you what you can do with those leftover Gorgeous Grape blood-suckers! 😉
First you need to gather all of your supplies! I listed everything in the supply list below, and as usual, all of your Stamp options are there! This set comes in Wood-Mount and Clear-Mount, and you can also bundle it with the punch and save 10%!!
Here’s a pic of all of our supplies:
Here are the deets on the Cardstock! You’ll need:
–One piece of Pumpkin Pie, measuring 10-1/2in x 7-1/4in. You’ll need to score this piece a lot! First, with the long (10-1/2) inch side across the top of your SIMPLY SCORED Board (or STAMPIN’ TRIMMER), score on the following lines: 3in, 5in, 8in, and 10in. Next, with the shorter side across the top, score on the following lines: 2in, 6in, 6-1/4in.
–You’ll also need scrap pieces of Cardstock in the following colors: Basic Black, Pumpkin Pie, and Whisper White!
Here’s how to make your box:
1. If you haven’t already, score your large piece of Pumpkin Pie Cardstock! Then, using PAPER SNIPS, cut along the dotted lines, and get rid of the unwanted pieces, following the template in the pic below:
Next, fold on all score lines. (Optional: Use a BONE FOLDER to make your edges crisp!)
Once done, your Cardstock should look like this:
2. Use TEAR & TAPE to secure your box together. Put one piece on the side flap to form the box, and then fold in the bottom flaps and secure with another piece. (*For now, do not secure the top of your box!) Leave box open and set aside.
3. Use bats leftover from Tuesday’s project, or stamp two sets of bats in Gorgeous Grape Ink on Whisper White Cardstock. Also on Whisper White, stamp the “Happy Halloween” sentiment in Momento Black Ink.
4. If needed, punch out both sets of bats, and set the two smallest ones aside. (We will be using the four largest bats on this box!) Next, punch out your circles. Use the 1-1/2in Circle for the sentiment, the 1-3/4 Circle on your Pumpkin Pie scrap, and the 2in Circle on your Basic Black scrap.
5. Using SNAIL, layer all three circles together.
6. Using the pic above for placement, use MINI STAMPIN’ DIMENSIONALS to adhere one large and one medium bat to the sentiment. (Place MINI DIMENTIONALS on the center of the body, and on the right wing.)
7. Cut two pieces of ribbon: One to go around your box (about 14in, this ribbon won’t be tied), and one to tie around the first ribbon (about 4-6in.) Set ribbon aside.
8. Fill box with goodies, and close. *To close: Push in sides, and fold over top flap. There are no score lines on the sides of the box, but they aren’t needed–the paper will bend without them. (See pic below.)
9. Secure flap closed with a piece of TEAR & TAPE, and wrap long ribbon around the box. Secure in place by tying a knot around the two strands with the short ribbon. Next, trim the loose ends of the short ribbon. (Cut loose ends as short as possible–see pic below.)
10. Use STAMPIN’ DIMENSIONALS to adhere the sentiment to the box, and then use MINI DIMENSIONALS to adhere the other two bats to the box. (See final project pic for placement.)
And…that’s it! 🙂
Happy Stampin’! 🙂