Hi Stampin’ Peeps!!
OMG…The BAT Punch!! (*dies*) It’s actually called SPOOKY BATS, and if you haven’t seen it yet, you don’t know what you’re missing!! This punch is AMAZING, and you can get it when the Holiday Catalog goes live on September 5! (Need a catalog? Click here!)
So…Lots of bats!! The punch and coordinating bat each have three bats, and I’m going to show you how to use all of them on two projects this week! Today we’re going to stamp two sets of bats, but we’re only going to use the smallest one from each punch. Then, on Thursday, I’ll show you what you can do with the four other bats! 😉
Before we get started, here’s a pic of all of the supplies we’ll need! Don’t worry, everything is listed below in the supply list, but don’t forget: the SPOOKY SWEETS Stamp Set, SPOOKY BATS Punch, and TOIL & TROUBLE DSP aren’t available until September 5!
Here’s the deets on the Cardstock and DSP. You’ll need:
–One piece of TOIL & TROUBLE DSP, measuring 9in x 2in. Score this piece at 7/8in on ONE of the short sides;
–One piece of Basic Black Cardstock, measuring 2in x 2in,
–Two scraps of Whisper White Cardstock (or one large scrap),
–One scrap of Gorgeous Grape Cardstock.
And here’s how to make your treat box:
1. Take the protective plastic off of the TINY TREAT BOX, and fold the box on all score lines. (But don’t put the box together, yet!)
2. Use SNAIL to attach the 2in x 2in Basic Black square to the lid of the box, and NOW you can put the box together. 🙂
3. Fold the DSP on the 7/8in score line, and use SNAIL to attach the small flap next to a corner on the box. (See pic below.) (Note: This piece will be hidden when you are finished wrapping your DSP.) Next, use SNAIL and carefully wrap the DSP around the box, creasing the paper with your fingers at each corner. (If your DSP goes over the edge of your box a little at the end, then trim the paper with PAPER SNIPS.)
4. Using a piece of Whisper White Cardstock, stamp two sets of bats in Gorgeous Grape, and one sentiment in Momento Black Ink.
5. Punch out both sets of bats using the SPOOKY BATS Punch. (Keep the two small bats for this project, and set the other four bats aside for Thursday!) Next, punch out the sentiment using the 1-1/2in CIRCLE Punch.
6. Use the 1-3/4 CIRCLE Punch to punch out a circle of Gorgeous Grape, and then use SNAIL to attach the sentiment circle to the Gorgeous Grape circle.
7. Use MINI STAMPIN’ DIMENSIONALS to adhere the small bats to the sentiment. (See pic above for placement.) (Note: One MINI DIMENSIONAL in the center of each bat is perfect.)
8. Use regular STAMPIN’ DIMENSIONALS to adhere the sentiment to the Basic Black square on the top of the box.
9. Fill with goodies and give to someone sweet…or spooky! 😉
Happy Stampin’! 🙂